BARE Bowls is downtown Palo Alto’s first acai bowl and health food eatery specializing in pure acai bowls, real food blends, and boosts that taste ahhh-sigh-eee-UM (our way of saying awesome!)
At BARE, you can expect us to:
- serve premium, handcrafted products—that means no added sweetener, syrup, hydrogenated oil, sorbet, or fruit juice—not even sweetened acai
- seek partnerships that promote local and small businesses
- inspire healthy lifestyles in our community
- strive to be transparent not only in the food we are serving, but to our guests, partners, stakeholders, friends, and family
- passionately craft healthy, TASTY, and nutritious food for our customers
- continuously work hard to live by our heartfelt mission: Live Generously, GO BARE
What is an Acai Bowl?
First say it: ahhhhhhh – sigh – eeeeeeeee
Acai is a plump, dark purple berry harvested from acai palm trees in the rainforests of South America. At BARE, we blend pure, unsweetened acai berry pulp with other fruits, add-ins like our handcrafted almond butter, kale, chia seeds or cacao powder, and our homemade nut milks to create a thick smoothie-like base. We top the base with local granola, fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey, and depending on the bowl – roasted almonds, hemp seeds, bee pollen, or cacao nibs.
What makes us different?
At BARE Bowls, we believe in the power of real, wholesome food. That’s why we never use artificial sweetener, acai sorbet, or fruit juice. Not even sweetened acai. We promise to use real foods and to always be bare and transparent about everything we put into each hand-crafted bowl or blend.